Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Leg Warmers For Mommy

I decided to make some for me too!

I made mine from an old sweater that no longer fits me. I ripped out the seam around the arms making sure to not cut the actual yarn on the sweater or the sleeves (this could cause it to unravel)


I then measured 17 1/2 in (from the bottom) to ensure I would have a straight line...


...then cut and run a zigzag stitch along ends to prevent fraying or unraveling

I then folded the fabric over to form a "cuff". I allowed 2in but you could make the cuff as big or as small as you'd like. Pin in place.


Secure cuff at beginning by going back and forth a couple of times with a straight stitch. DO NOT push the fabric through, let the machine pull it on it's own. Just be sure to guide it so that the stitch is straight. Also, make sure you lock the stitch in place at the end too.

These are my new leg warmers. I'm thinking about making Kaelyn (my daughter) a dress from the remaining part of the sweater. To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment