Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Infamous Petty Skirt

Ok, so I was new at sewing and decided that I was going to take on a petty skirt. I really wanted my daughter to have it for her first birthday. Seeing it on Martha Stewart and my "Can-Do" attitude I thought to myself "How hard could it really be?". If Martha Stewart can do it then so can I!!

So, I bought the material to make this petty skirt that only took an hour (LIARS!!) and printed up the instructions and on my way to Grandmas's house I went.

I had a two hour sewing session (the first hour being on just how to use my sewing machine). The second hour was spent making a waistband. After the 2nd hour I thought to myself "Am I freaking crazy?!?".

With a headache and a two hour sewing class on my plate I headed home to start the rest of the skirt. This was a week before her birthday party. I had plenty of time to get this finished right?

WRONGO!! It was the worst "first sewing project" EVER!!! I vowed I would never ever try my hand at another petty skirt again. Well, I lied and tackled another one but this time I did it my way. This is what I came up with!!!


Pretty stinkin cute if I say so myself. I cannot follow a pattern to save my life, they confuse me to no end. So, I used a few shortcuts and with a slightly smaller headache I conquered the petty skirt!! ::Que Theme Song From Rocky::

No comments:

Post a Comment